Wednesday, May 25, 2011

You are the rain

I love rain…

Sitting out on my porch this evening,
I closed my eyes and just got lost in thought.
At one point I realized how much sound there
was in my thoughts.  Almost like a background
score.  It was the sound of rain. 
Its presence was a balm to my otherwise
somber thoughts...
I remembered how much I loved the rain…
always have…
and perhaps always will.
I love it for what it is.
For what it brings.
For what it gives.
For what it does.
In soooo many ways!

But… but…
sometimes it's more than I can handle.
It doesn't mean I don't love it anymore, or any less!!
But I can't have just that… I need the
sun too… to soak in the rain…. to grow from it…
to be ready for more.

But I'll still always love the rain!

I suppose I love you like the rain!

2 comments:

  1. Nature has a way of putting things in perspective, and grounding us, and its cyclic nature is the greatest evidence of what the core of our existence is about - growth and evolution. Congrats on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Natasha! You have a hand in inspiring me too! :)

    ReplyDelete